Wireless Internet Technician
The Wireless Internet Technician will work independently with guidance to set up new customers with internet. Checks signal strength and service availability at specified locations, determine antenna placement and obtain permission from customer, mount antenna, route cable into house, terminate cable, put in required equipment (power injector, routers), program equipment, connect at least one computer to internet and confirm/verify correct service is received, enter customers data into billing system, explain user agreement to customer and obtain signature.
• Read and understand GPS as well as hard maps
• Knowledge of Windows based operating systems
• Understand web-based applications
• Understand network services
• Must have good communication skills
• Physically able to complete tasks (up to 50lbs)
• Must be conscientious of time
• Must be able to climb ladders
• Net+ Certification
License: preferred, MN Power Limited Technician License
Pay scale: salaried
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; evening and weekend on-call. Must be flexible.
Install, maintain, and troubleshoot wireless internet connections
Set up and install wireless internet in customers home.
MN power limited technician license
Windows based operating system
Web based applications
Email Resume to